COLAB delivers on its promise to lead the reform of local government.
COLAB was formed as an advocacy group to address issues with the various departments within the County of Imperial organization.
Over the course of time, that scope was expanded to include the Imperial Irrigation District, although in light of the Quantified Settlement Agreement (QSA), COLAB has not formally addresses water related issues. The continued availability of water to our agricultural members and the related businesses is important.
COLAB unites the independent strengths of labor, agriculture and business to project a powerful united voice dedicated to protecting and enhancing the natural and business environments of Imperial County through:
- dynamic reciprocal relationships
- enlightened educational outreach
- progressive political action
preserving and protecting your private property rights
- advocating for a fiscally responsible local government
- lobbying for environmental legislation based on sound
- principles of science
- exploring cost effective solutions to issue associated with business and job creation
- balancing the needs of the environment with the economy
- protecting an economy that offers opportunity to all
Executive Director, COLAB Imperial